John Elrick schrieb:
John Stanton wrote:
John Elrick wrote:

SNIP
Introspection would occur via this mechanism and would even move all introspection for any given system behind a common interface.

Just a thought.

John Elrick

CREATE TABLE already stores the type as its declared type. The user has that available to enforce type restrictions or to direct type conversions.

My apologies, I meant "any type" as in types which are not defined by Sqlite, such as DATE, TIMESTAMP, ADDRESS, LEFT_HANDED_SPANNER, or DEAD_PARROT.

Which is what John Stanton explained. 'any type' may be the 'declared type' for
create table and is registered
in the master table.

But those declared types are not used for deriving types in expressions, so if
any non trivial expression
is used in the query you only get the predefined SQLite types (most often
Strings).

Michael

--
Michael Schlenker
Software Engineer

CONTACT Software GmbH           Tel.:   +49 (421) 20153-80
Wiener Straße 1-3               Fax:    +49 (421) 20153-41
28359 Bremen
http://www.contact.de/          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bremen | Geschäftsführer: Karl Heinz Zachries
Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Bremen unter HRB 13215