I sure am glad I converted all SQL to use a BEGIN EXCLUSIVE.

 For some reason it struck me as odd that a SQL select could get a SQLITE_BUSY
or even after you perform a single insert operation that a SQLITE_BUSY could
later be thrown.

 Is it the delayed mechanism of the Pager Layer that provides locking upon a
cache spill that causes this? I still think it should be possible to implement,
multi readers and a single concurrent writer. I just don't see how though given
the requirement that a reader can get sqlite_busy for a select statement.

 Will the new version 3.4.0 resolve this problem?

 Thanks
 Ken