We have just started to use it. So far it is performing well, but we have not subjected it to high volume and large data sets yet.

I have written a simple function which helps in our application. The function concanenates columns to produce a block of text then strips out punctuation and prepositions etc and upshifts the case. The resulting string of words is used to create the FTS2 index. Search strings go through the same function. The FTS2 index is maintained by triggers and is transparent to the applications thanks to the user function.

Russell Leighton wrote:

Could folks that have used fts2 in production apps/systems relate their experiences to the group?

I would very much be interested in how folks are using it, how well it performs with large data and general impressions.

Thanks in advance.

Russ