How difficult do you think it would be to support an alternative method of
indexing within SQLite specifically to support O(1) retrieval of the rowid
for a table, and then potentially O(1) retrieval of the row data for a
table, when in-order retrieval is undesired?

My database design is highly specialized to never, ever retrieve data except
by whole-key equality, and would benefit greatly from this optimization.
I'm willing to code it up myself, although I'm not quite set up to do SQL
syntax parser changes, preferring to use the amalgamation.

--andy