Hi

>Hi Ken,
>
>Thanks a lot.
>But this would require the key to be short. Will Check if this is
acceptable
>to all as we may not be able to port old db data if the key format is
changed.

Perhaps the key can be modified only for comparation. You store the
key as you want, but before compare it do a rle compression. You can
store the rle compressed key in database too. Note that rle is a one-to-
one transform, that is  one key has only one compressed key and one
compressed key has only one key. Working that way you can compare
200,1,1,2 with 199,1,2,2 (four bytes) instead 1111..(196 '1')..11112
with 1111..(195 '1')..111122.

HTH