It is a bug in sqlite3. You can kill the process from another channel or supend it with a CTL Z and then kill it locally.

Scott Derrick wrote:
This is probably a stupid question but has frustrated me a couple of times.

When using the command line interface sqlite3, a couple of times I have forgotten to use the "." before a command. After that I get a "...>" prompt that I can't seem to escape from and accepts no commands? My only choice is to shut down that terminal and start a new one..

There must be an easy way to get back to the command mode? And what is the "...>" mode?

Scott