Quoting Uma Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello Markus,

How is libdbi different from, say odbc?

I've never used ODBC, but from what I read I'd say the main differences are the footprint and the scope. libdbi is language-specific (C), lightweight, and allows you to do simple things in a simple fashion. However, you're still required to handle database engine specific stuff in your code to use more advanced SQL features. ODBC seems to encapsulate all and everything, at the price of being huge.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka