D R H said: >>Threads are an invention of the devil.<<

I rather think human beings were to blame; but they had probably read a lot about the Spanish Inquisition.

Stay as far away from these fiendish abominations as you can get.<<

That's the best bit of programming advice on threads I have ever seen. Thank you for not pretending that in fact it's all very straightforward, which would make the rest of us feel inadequate.

Michael Hooker

On 29/08/2007 19:52:11, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_=D6nnerby?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The new multithread-features will be great.
> Do you think that it will be better to share one connection between all

> theads in an application or is better to have each thread open a new
> connection and use the sqlite3_enable_shared_cache?

I think you will be much much better off to put every
thread it is own private address space.  In other words,
turn each thread into a separate process.  Threads are
an invention of the devil.  Stay as far away from these
fiendish abominations as you can get.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>