On Sep 2, 2007, at 11:40 AM, Joe Wilson wrote:

In sqlite 3.5 they've changed the design to share a single file descriptor for all connections to the same database. Also, connections to the same database in 3.5+ will share the same database page cache resulting in less
overall memory usage.

I didn't mean to mislead you, Joe.  In 3.5, cache can be shared between
all threads, but shared cache is still disabled by default.  You have to
invoke sqlite3_enable_shared_cache() to turn it on.  I put a comment in
the documentation that we might turn shared cache on by default in future releases. But until I better understand the backwards compatibility issues,
I think it is probably better to leave it off for now.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]