Kees Nuyt wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 07:13:51 -0700, Gururaja Nittur wrote:

Sqlite experts,

I am running Sqlite version 3.4.1. I ran some performance tests and
observed that sqlite sometimes consumes more CPU than normal (I am
using same dataset, all inserts and recreating new database for each
test). Tried running oprofiile and got the following result. The
function 'syncJournal' is taking around 60% of total Sqlite's CPU
usage.

1. Is this normal behaviour? If not, is there a known fix for this?

Do you use transactions? If not, every INSERT or UPDATE is a
separate transaction, causing a lot of overhead because the
journal is flushed for every transaction.

I'm confused. With a bunch of INSERTs per transaction, the CPU usage can be high. But with just one per transaction things will be I/O bound, and I would expect low CPU usage.

Gerry