Richard, thanks a lot!
I was completely sure I use the same connection, but indeed ...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 6:06 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] sqlite lock error

"Maxim V. Shiyanovsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I start transaction and delete most of records
>
> After this sqlite fails on "select from sqlite_master" (or any other query)
> because it extend lock levelš to exclusive lock when deleting records.
>
> It reset exclusive lock on transaction commit only.

When one SQLite database connection is writing to the
database, other database connections might be able to
read, or they might be locked out completely.  They
get locked out complete when the write transaction is
large and the cache must spill to disk.

If you want to be able to read and write within a
transaction, use the same database connection.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>