Greetings lite-meisters,

Would I be the first person to wish there were a way for, say, a JDBC driver
that uses SQLite to be able to tell what kind of SQL statement it is executing?
 Unless I missed an API, sqlite3_step() indicates either a SELECT that matched
at least one row, or any statement including SELECT (with no matches).  One use
case is to facilitate capture of statistics of statement types executed, number
of rows selected, inserted, updated, etc.  AFAICS, the driver would have to
parse the first word of each statement and behave accordingly.  If there's a
way to dredge this from SQLite, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks,
Mark