--- Sander Marechal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joe Wilson wrote:
> > --- Sander Marechal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I ran into a problem when using SQLite from PHP. It appears that SQLite3
> >> does not support multi-row inserts in the form:
> >>
> >> INSERT INTO (col1, col2) VALUES (1, 2), (3, 4)
> >>
> >> Will if be implemented in the future?
> >
> > I doubt it.
>
> Too bad. I think it's in SQL92 but I'm not 100% sure (The SQL92 specs
> are a bit hard to read).

I can't confirm whether it is, but Wikipedia claims it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insert_(SQL)#Multirow_inserts

Multirow inserts

An SQL feature (since SQL-92) is the use of row value constructors to insert
multiple rows at a
time in a single SQL statement:

 INSERT INTO table (column1, [column2, ... ]) VALUES (value1a, [value1b, ...]),
(value2a,
[value2b, ...]), ...

This feature is supported by DB2, PostgreSQL (since version 8.2), MySQL, and H2.