On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 06:05:35PM -0600, P Kishor wrote:

> don't know about other db, but with the ones I have worked, there is
> no such thing as unlimited text width field. Oracle maxes out VARCHAR
> at 4000 or 8000 (for NVARCHAR)..

Of course, I realize, that "unlimited" is just theory. Perhaps I should
write: "with no formal limit set" rather.

So, I was just wondering, whether (or not) there is a noticeable difference
when operating on - let's say - VARCHAR(255), rather than on just TEXT.
Never made such measurements by myself.
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski