What I did was used the SQLite sources and added them into a Carbon framework. Then set sqlite3.h and the other source header to public. That way I could call the functions. Then i set the installation path to @executable_path/../Frameworks, then added a new copy phase and copied the target to the Frameworks folder. It really works well, and you don't have to worry about installing the libraries in /usr/lib or wherever when distributing your library.