Colin,

  You get the sqlite busy when you are trying to write and another
connection/process has the database locked.

  You can help yourself immensely by using transactions. This improves
performance and you can begin transactions immediate. So you only need to test
for sqlite busy at the beginning of a transaction.

  Ken

Colin Darcey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I get an error "database is locked" or "database read only" when
attempting to update a table in the database.
I have been reading various articles about this but cannot get a
definitive answer from the conflicting discussions.
Is it possible (on Windows 2000 using SQLite 3_5_6) to be reading from a
file and for each row returned perform an update or write ?
If it is possible is there some info available describing what the
sequence of SQLite API functions to use ?

Colin