John Stanton wrote:

> I had a problem compiling Sqlite on ealrier
> versions of AIX.  It turned out to be a linker
> problem and compiling without the -g optimization
> solved the problem.

The configure process shows an entry that says:

  checking whether accepts -g... no

I edited the Makefile and removed the -g from CFLAGS &
CXXFLAGS, but I still get the same error when trying
to create a table.

I've also tried this:

  AIX$ CFLAGS="-Os" ./configure

and with CFLAGS="-O" (grasping since I don't have a
clue), but always still get the error.

> What compiler are you using?  Xlc or gcc?

Xlc.  C for AIX Compiler, Version 5.

Chris

>Chris Pierce wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having problems with SQLite v3.5.7 on AIX
v5.2.

>> I downloaded the amalgamation tarball.  It looks
like
>> it builds fine, but I get an error when I try to
>> create a table.
>>
>> Here's what I'm doing/getting:
>>
>> AIX$ ./sqlite3 test.db
>> SQLite version 3.5.7
>> Enter ".help" for instructions
>> sqlite> create table mytest(first smallint);
>> Unable to open database "mytest": SQL logic error
or
>> missing database
>> AIX$
[...]