yes. However, CoreData queues up modified managed objects in a managed
object context and then commits them all in one shot making sure the
serialization is done on the back side.

So, it does basically what someone here recommended earlier. I just
don't have to write the mechanism myself.

Actually, CoreData is what I intended to use at first. However, I have
explored the possibility of directly using SQLite instead to keep my
document readers and their data management cross-platform.