That's what I do.  Once your makefile is set up, make the "sqlite3.c"
target if you want an amalgamated source file.  Be sure to carefully
coordinate the defined values between the preprocessing step (to
generate your source file(s)) and the build of your application/dll.

If you are using amalgamated source, you may find a few other small
problems when building your app, but they are easy to fix.