steffen scheer wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I want to use sqlite as a storage engine for DNA sequence data. It is
> part of a workflow engine for DNA processing. I was wondering whether i
> chose the right db design.
>
> The db holds information about DNA sequences. Arranged in three tables.
> For every dna sequence one entry in all 3 tables will be made (1:1
> Relation). Data will be inserted once, never deleted, but some
> attributes get updated.

To me, KISS (keep it simple, stupid) rules until its performance has
been shown to be unacceptable.

Surely you can create a dummy db file with nonsense data of typical size
all in a single table and see whether it meets your needs.

Keeping 2 or 3 tables in synch is not a difficult task, but it is a
potential source for error.

HTH,

Gerry