On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Mark Easton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using SQLite version 3.3.8 on Debian linux. Every now and again we
> are getting corrupted databases. We suspect it is because the computer is
> being turned off mid database operation.
>
> We have given full permissions to the folder the database is in and to the
> database itself.
>
> The most important question - is how can I recover this database? When I
> type in  "pragama integrity_check" it still returns the error "Error:
> malformed database schema - near ")"".

I seem to recall someone else having a similar problem, once.

Can you open the database and do "select * from sqlite_master;", then sanity
check the "sql" column for syntax errors?

Several months ago, someone had managed to create a bunch of tables with an
extra "," at the end due to a parser bug, and when they upgraded the new
parser rejected the old schema's SQL.

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE