Susan Ottwell wrote:
> How would one insert rows randomly within a range of 1000 rows? I can
> easily enough do this in the script that calls the insert function,
> but it would be more efficient if I could use an sqlite function or
> feature to do this.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking or not, but you can use the
random function to generate the rowid for a table. The modulo operator
can be used to restrict the range of values produced.

create table t(id integer primary key, data text);

insert into t values(random() % 1000, 'some data');

This will insert a row with a rowid somewhere between 0 and 999.

HTH
Dennis Cote