I understand that the SQLite database resides in memory.  I understand that
the information in memory gets written to disk, ie saving parts that have
been updated/whole database.

I have read that SQLite has been known to support up 100,000 concurrent
read connections and can support several terabytes of data.

Now lets say a database is 10Gb in size and it is written to disk.  Would
not writing a 10Gb file to disk take a very long time?

Now perhaps SQLite can just write the part that has changed to disk.

If this is the case, then how does it know which sectors on the hard drive
to update since it isn't writing the entire file to disk

Can someone explain to me how all of this work?

Thanks,
TD