Jay A. Kreibich wrote:

>   Everything you describe sounds exactly as if a transaction has been
>   started, but is not committed.  When you close the database, the
>   transaction is automatically (and correctly) rolled back.  This will
>   also delete the journal file.
>
>   I know you said you weren't trying to start a transaction, but you
>   might double check that.  Set a breakpoint right after the INSERT is
>   finished and check to see if you have a journal file or not.  You
>   could also try issuing a "BEGIN" right after the INSERT.  If you get
>   an error, you're already inside a transaction.

An easier and more accurate way to check may be to add a call to
sqlite3_get_autocommit() after your insert is complete. It will return
zero if there is an active transaction, and 1 if there is not (i.e. it
it in autocommit mode).

See http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/get_autocommit.html for details.

HTH
Dennis Cote