"suku249" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Igor Tandetnik wrote:
>>
>> suku249 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>> I need to convert dataTypes like int or string into sqlite3_value.
>>
>> Why? What are you trying to achieve?
>
> We are trying to implement fts3 functionality without using the
> virtual table implementation, So we are trying to implement three
> functionalities, createTable(creates content,segement and seg dir
> table), InsertData (insert data into the 3 tables) and selectTerms (
> which selects data from 3 tables). These functions will be directly
> called from client apps. For this, we are trying to port code from
> fts3.c. Data content is passed as type sqlite3_value in many
> functions in fts3.c. To port existing functionalities in fts3.c, we
> need to use sqlite3_value.

Well, there's no public API to create these structures. Since you are
deep in SQLite source code anyway, I guess you could extract necessary
functionality from it.

However, I would imagine that the first thing those FTS3 functions do is
extract actual values from sqlite3_value structures. Couldn't you just
strip that part from the code, and make your functions take the
strongly-typed values directly? That should make both your and your
clients' lives easier.

Igor Tandetnik