"jason weaver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> However, due to database locking issues, I need to do a bunch of
>> inserts in one transaction or batch.  Thus, I store them in a simple
>> queue.  Therefore, the julianday('now') won't work because all of my
>> batch inserts will have the same date and time.  And that doesn't
>> work very well. ;)

>From: "Igor Tandetnik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>You will have to deal with this in any case. E.g. on Windows the system
>timer resolution is 15ms by default. You can insert quite a few records
>in 15 ms.
>It is unrealistic to expect that every record could be inserted with a
>unique timestamp. Find some other way to ensure uniqueness (e.g. just
>assign a sequential number to each).

Thanks for your response.  However, my batch inserts and the uniqueness of
my timestamps aren't the issue.  I guess I didn't explain my situation well
enough.  Let me try again.

I take readings every X seconds which gives me plenty of uniqueness for each
reading.  I save the SQL statements and then insert them in small batches.
However, from reading this newsgroup I've learned that the correct way to
put dates into SQLite is as I described before:

- create table my_table(date_stuff real);

- insert into my_table values(julianday('now'));

In my batch loop, I can't use julianday("now") - I need the timestamp
to reflect when I took the reading.

If the right way to put datetime in the dbase is the julianday('now')
format, I need to be able to create and capture that format in python.

What is the julianday("now") equivalent in python?  I can't find a simple,
straight-forward answer to this question.

Thank you,

Chris