Thanks. The issues regarding injection attacks are not relevant in my present
context.  What I wanted to know was this -

a. I want to selectively discard N rows from a SQLite dB table.  N could be
1 but again it could be, rarely, 10,000
b. Is it better to recursively call Prepare, Step & Finalize from my Delphi
App or simply build the full sequence of SQL statements as a string and then
pass that to sqlite3_exec?

I can appreciate that SQLite has to parse the multiple statements.  But it
is not like I get a free lunch by issuing the statements one by one out of
Delphi.  If anything, there is an overhead in terms of the multiple SQLite
API calls.