By searching the archives of this list, I was able to come up with
this syntax to identify duplicate records and place a single copy of
each duplicate into another table:

CREATE TABLE dup_killer (member_id INTEGER, date DATE); INSERT INTO
dup_killer (member_id, date) SELECT * FROM talks GROUP BY member_id,
date HAVING count(*)>1;

But, now that I have the copies in the dup_killer table, I have not
been able to discover an efficient way to go back to the original
table (talks) and delete them.  My plan was to delete all the records
from talks that match the criteria of the records now in dup_killer,
and then INSERT the records from dup_killer back into talks before
DROPPING dup_killer.  At this point, I am stuck.  Is there an
efficient method to do this with SQLite, or should I just use a shell
script?

Craig Smith
cr...@macscripter.net