Greetings, Ha Le,

When you asked "What are the factors which determine the different limits", I
suspect I'm not understanding just what you're asking.

You referenced
      http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html
And one of your two examples was "Maximum Depth Of An Expression Tree"

The webpage reports:
==============================
Maximum Depth Of An Expression Tree
 ... The depth of expression trees is therefore limited in order to avoid using
too much stack space.

The SQLITE_MAX_EXPR_DEPTH parameter determines the maximum expression tree
depth. If the value is 0, then no limit is enforced. The current implementation
has a default value of 1000.

All software running on real machines has limits.   Most of the limits in
sqlite are so high that if one is approaching them, there's a fairly good
chance one's design is not going to work well with sqlite anyway.

The tree depth explanation from the webpage describes why the depth is limited,
plus it lets you increase or decrease the default maximum as your needs
dictate.  The default of 1000 is quite high.

What further information were you looking for?