On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Daniel Kasak
<daniel.ka...@247realmedia.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 15:44 -0600, Alan Cohen wrote:
>
>> None of these really provide the kind of data entry screens I'd like to
>> have; I have not had time to try OOo Base yet.
>
> Well then. You'll be interested in my projects :)
>
> http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis/
> ( my home server is unfortunately just a *little* unstable at the
> moment ... hardware looks to be dying ... so apologies if it goes
> down ... it's up at the moment anyway ). There are some screenshots of
> production systems that use the 3 libraries.
>
> I'm currently working on a GUI builder ( unreleased, but I can be
> convinced to dump a very early beta ). I have table browsing and data
> viewing working. Also creating forms ( via glade ) is working. I plan on
> implementing schema editing for SQLite and possibly MySQL. Datasheet
> creating ( via the GUI ) is completely unimplemented. Anyway, email me
> ( this address is probably better at the moment ) if you're interested
> in the GUI builder, otherwise check out the libraries.

candid feedback

http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis/northwind.png nice
http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis/client_services.png ouch!

see, you might want to try and emulate something like
http://www.araelium.com/querious/screenshots/content_75p.png (MySQL tool) or
http://fileability.net/Raw%20Screenshots/Form%20Design.png (built for
and with SQLite)

not something like
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Screenshots.php or
http://www.billproduction.com/BillRed_scrsht.jpg

In any case, your work looks very promising, and I look forward to
seeing more of it as it would be a nice addition to the mix.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org/
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/