On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Dennis Cote <r.dennis.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> P Kishor wrote:
>>
>> so, I have read the tutes on the website, but just wanted to confirm...
>>
>> I want to take baby steps to including sqlite's capabilities in my
>> modeling program. Do I just include sqlite3.h and compile my program
>> and magic will happen, or do I need to do something else?
>>

> There will be no magic unless you also link a previously compiled sqlite
> library, or also include the sqlite3.c almagamation source code file in your
> project.
>>
>> Using Xcode. The model itself has about 30 or 40 different .c files
>> and about a dozen or so .h files.
>
> Just add the sqlite3.c file to your project and include sqlite3.h in your
> source files that call sqlite functions.

yes. Thank you. William Kygesburye saved my house walls from the
banging of my head by explaining the first C and L of compiling and
linking. Listen, I have lived in the safe confines of Perl so far, but
this is exciting stuff... it takes little to get us excited here in
the midwest.

Off I go sqlitifying my first program... and what a program it is.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org/
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/