> You did. You should still do some SQL tutorials.
>In the meantime, I hope the above helps.

Adjusted the fieldnames accordingly and your example worked perfectly. Thank
you.

However, repeating that I should do some SQL tutorials is annoying in
extremis. I had been to many SQL tutorials and always failed to understand
more complex examples until I had a concrete, real world example to work
from.

That is why I came here for help as the examples you people provide are far
better a base for me to comprehend than the relativity of a tutorial.

I remember several examples from other people here that helped me get along
far better than a 'relative' tutorial.

Thanks for the help, the query below with slightly adjusted field names
works perfectly.

Now I am going to go and get tortured by my wife, beaten up by my daughter
and whinged at by the cat. Looks like no more struggling till nightfall!

SELECT pubs.*,
  notes.note_note,
  publishers.publisher_name
FROM pubs JOIN notes ON pubs.note_id = notes.note_id
  JOIN publishers ON pubs.publisher_id = publishers.publisher_id
WHERE pubs.pub_title LIKE '%salem%'