thanks for the info. That should work for me.

Given the industry is going multicore and 16-core macintoshes for your
grand-mother are  just a few years away, I recommend you rethink your
position on the use of threading. Apple is heavily pushing parallelism
on its developers.  NSOperation is a major part of that effort. As I
understand it, MS is developing their copy of NSOperation for VS2010.
The development landscape is only going to get more threaded as time
goes on.

-James