at first let me say: this doesn't run on my pc, but on a Popcorn-Hour A110
Mediaserver. That is a problem, because i can't predict the behaviour of
sqlite or php and i can't get real error message (Just one general Message
which occurs for all things).

i have a function that scans a folder which contains musicfiles, takes their
id3-tag and puts them into a sqlite-database. the main folder contains
subfolders which are alpabetically ordered, which contain subfolders
themselves. there should be about 7 oder 8k files in the main order
('Music').
But there occures a strange problem:
as long as i scan every of the alphabetical folders (e.g 'Music/A') there
occurs no error with the script; the database is build correctly, everything
is inserted fine and so on.
but as soon as i try to scan the main-folder, sqlite produces an error. Why
is that ? Can't sqlite managed a couple of thousend entrys? That would be
surprising, as i read from people who had about 100k files in their
sqlite-db.
i'm pretty shure, that this error is created by sqlite and not by the script
(two reasons: works when there are just a couple hundred files and second, i
checked it about a million times). of course i can display the code if
wished.
has anything like that occured to you folks?
This problem is strange, as sqlite builds the database, but then seems not
to finalize it. i can display for example display things using sqlite_query(
$db, SELECT) but when i try to get _all_ files to be written e.g in a
playlist, it is not possible. I can also see the created sqlite-file (called
files.sqlite). unfortunately thanks to the pch a110 i can't run PRAGMA
Integrity Check.
So thats it more or less. if you have any suggestions what it might be, i
would be happy to hear them.

leife