In the SQLite web page http://sqlite.org/lang_attach.html there is the
statement:

"You cannot create a new table with the same name as a table in an
attached database, but you can attach a database which contains tables
whose names are duplicates of tables in the main database."

Is the the statement inoperative? Or does it just mean that if an
attached file has table xxx and I want to create an xxx table in the
main file I have to use the name main.xxx ? I can do the latter, and it
seems to work, but I want to be sure there is not some subtle thing I am
missing.

In the next paragraph there are the statemnts:

"When a database is attached, all of its tables which don't have
duplicate names become the default table of that name. Any tables of
that name attached afterwards require the database prefix."

Assuming my interpretation is correct, I think the second sentence
should read "Any tables of that name attached /or created/ afterwards
require the database prefix."

Thank you in advance,

Gerry