On 17/05/2009 1:35 AM, velkropie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to update two tables with one statement but, i'm not getting
> something right. can someone here help me , or guide me to the right place
> to get help?
>
> Thanks
>
> "UPDATE funrecipes, ingredients SET funrecipes.recipetitle,
> funrecipes.copyright, funrecipes.directions, ingredients.ingredient_name
> WHERE ingredients.pk = funrecipes.pk"
>
> this is returning a database error, any ideas?

A "database error"? Nothing to do with a database, it's just not valid
SQL. Read this: http://www.sqlite.org/lang_update.html

There are _*TWO*_ syntax problems with your UPDATE statement:
(1) it is not possible to update more than one table in the same UPDATE
statement
(2) you don't say *what* each column must be set to ... the syntax is
     SET column_name1 = expression1, column_name2 = expression2, ...

And possibly one logic problem ... your WHERE clause would look a bit
suss even in a SELECT statement, especially if "pk" means "primary key".

HTH,
John