Hi,

I'm using sqlite3 and am very impressed. But, have one small problem.

I use binary GUID values and when I 'select' them in the sqlite3 shell,
they display as *binary* data, often screwing up the terminal. When I
use .dump, or use .mode tcl I get terminal-friendly output. Is there any
simple way (or just a hack) that I could persuade the shell to output
GUIDs (or all binary data) in the same format as for .dump?

Thanks,

Philip Warner

P.S. Of course even better would be the ability to read/write GUIDs as
properly formatted strings! (Note: I am not asking that they be treated
internally as anything other than a binary chunk of data -- just the
text  form being changed).