Roger Binns wrote:
> I assume you are talking about a major release (ie SQLite v4 not 3.7).

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I would expect v3 and v4 to be
maintained in parallel until most users have updated their code to work
with v4. Of course users could continue to use v3 indefinitely, but as
some point it would go into feature freeze and all new development would
take place in the v4 branch. That wouldn't mean that v3 suddenly stops
working. This is basically what happen with the transition from v2 to
v3. In fact there are still some users happily using v2.

I suspect the transition would actually be quite quick, though existing
versions of v3 would continue to be used for many years.

> My list of good changes to make are:...

Those are exactly the kinds of changes that I think should be collected
and published so they can be vetted by users and the developers before
the changes are implemented. I think it could help to avoid future
errors like the sqlite_column_text return type issue.

Dennis Cote