Dear Igor,

Thank you _so_ much for comforting hat part of the idea I have in mind.

I have another related question and I hope you or some other guru can
point me towards a solution.

I use SQLite from some interpreted script language under XP (yes I
know). Today's PCs are fast enough to allow even significantly large
apps to be written this way.  I need to make use of some extension,
like user-defined collating functions and things like that.  I can
write and debug it, compile it as a dll, register it within the SQLite
dll and use it from my scripting language. So far so good.

But now I face a problem when I want my users to employ a third-party
SQLite manager to do something useful with my base (except basic
SELECTs), just because the third-party application is unaware of my
specific extension(s).

Either the third-party manager has to come up with some way of allowing
my users to issue C calls (geez!) to SQLite dll in order to invoke
sqlite3_auto_extension() under the hood so that every db connection in
this session will use my extension(s).
Either _users_ will have to invoke "select sqlite3_load_extension(...)"
for _each_ extension individually and repeat this for _each_ DB
connection in the session!

Both solutions are irrealistic, horribly tedious and particularly
error-prone.  I'm not even sure that sqlite3_auto_extension is able to
register dll entry point(s): the docs mentions "statically linked
extension".

I'm not complaining, because SQLite is a very "nice, small, fast,
reliable, free: choose any five" software, but it should consider the
situation of applications that are not compiled with the SQLite code,
i.e. not able to invoke C calls as they would like to.  Third-party
SQLite managers are a good exemple.

So what is the solution in such case?