On 3 Aug 2009, at 11:11pm, Ken wrote:

> I'm getting a Disk I/O error when committing a transaction on an AIX
> system.
> The file system is JFS.

Check all the obvious things:

Is there free space on drive ?
If you replace that transaction by a very simple INSERT, or by a
DELETE, do you get the same error ?

> The extended result code is 1290. Which i believe means that the
> extended code is a SQLITE_IOERR_DIR_FSYNC error.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening or how to track it down?

Get your database all the way up to that final transaction then have
your program quit.
Start up the sqlite3 command-line tool.

Use the command that checks to see the database is not corrupt.
Enter your final transaction and commit it.
Do you get the same error you got in your own application ?

Simon.