On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:50:15 -0400, Jean-Denis Muys <jdm...@kleegroup.com>
wrote:

> You're top-posting, it's evil, the thread is becoming messy. That said...

My impression has long been that top-posting is common and largely
unavoidable here, and no matter the benefits of what we would consider
"proper" quoting style, there is clearly no convincing the die-hards.  I
pretty much only lurk here, but it seems like everyone once in a while
someone gets sick of the top-posting and tries to educate those doing the
evil deed, but it never amounts to anything.

The greater distraction for me, though, and one which gives the
top-posting argument a certain level of credibility here, is that some
people on this list don't seem to have the habit of trimming messages.
When I -do- see messages which are interleaved there's often lots and lots
of junk at the bottom, and that's a shame.

I just roll with it, though, and I would suggest you do the same: it's
really not worth the aggravation.

--
J. King