Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:33:30 -0400, Angus March wrote:
>
>>     I want my INSERT done right away, I just don't want it to be flushed
>> from the filesystem's write-behind cache until the kernel decides, not
>> when SQLite decides.
>>

> Did you mean you do "want it to be flushed from the filesystem's
> write-behind cache when the kernel decides (rather than when SQLite
> decides)"?

    That is one implication, yes.

> Because yes, that's what synchronous=OFF means. It stops SQLite from
> issuing fflush calls (effectively).

    Right, and this is implied by the documentation, but I was concerned
that the documentation might be playing fast and loose, saying that
fflush (or fsync, or fdatasync) won't be called, when it really means
that it won't be called during any call to step() or finalize(), while
it would be called when the session is closed. I wasn't sure, so I
thought I'd ask, because it'll matter to my app.