hi all,

I am a kind of new to Sqlite and just wonder if the query result row could be
sorted by using Sqlite_prepare followed by Sqlite_Step.

For example, query statement is something like "select * from sometable order
by somefield;" and we call prepare followed by step. And are all results
returned from "step" in order of "somefield"?

As I read the document, it seems the step will return the first awailable row
ASAP. That is why I wonder the sorting is not possible as according to what we
learned from books the sorting of dataset is done at the last stage of SQL
query when all result set is available.

However, this also seems to contradictive to that all other query API like
"exec", "getTable" etc. which all support "sorting" are all based on
prepare-step. Therefore the only conclusion is that "exec", "getTable" etc.
retrieve dataset and sort by themselves after they call "prepare-step".

Anybody has any idea about this?

Nick Huang/Qingzhe Huang