On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Dmitry Konishchev <konishc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Data in my program has such format that there is useful to place it in
> the database in many (thousands) columns. Please, answer me: does SQLite
> work more slowly when it has very big number of columns in the table
> (with the same total amount of data)?

How can anyone know the answer to that. Since you have provided so
little and so generic information, here is a short and generic answer
-- a database with thousands of columns is most likely wrong design.
Whether or not it works quicker or slower is something only you can
answer. Imagine a string with thousands of characters. Instead of
putting that string in one column, you break it up into thousands of
columns, each with a single character. Well, if you have to query the
999th character, probably querying just the 999th column will be
quicker than querying for a single string based on its 999th
character.

Nevertheless, your db design is most likely wrong.

--
Puneet Kishor