Angus March <an...@uducat.com> wrote:
> Igor Tandetnik wrote:
>> Angus March <an...@uducat.com> wrote:
>>> After the callback has finished, what will happen with that original
>>> call to sqlite3_reset()?
>>
>> Since sqlite3_reset doesn't take any locks, a busy callback would
>> never be invoked for it.
>
>    Well someone should tell the library on my machine that, because
> it's returning locking errors

I didn't say that sqlite3_reset can't return SQLITE_BUSY - only that it
doesn't take locks and doesn't trigger a call to a busy handler.

For historical reasons, for statements prepared with
sqlite3_prepare[16], sqlite3_step reports all errors with a generic
SQLITE_ERROR code. A subsequent call to sqlite3_reset or
sqlite3_finalize returns the real error code (even though the reset or
finalize itself doesn't fail). Use sqlite3_prepare[16]_v2 to avoid this
behavior and have sqlite3_step return the real error code directly.

Igor Tandetnik