Hi Matt,

Regarding:
    "Is there a more comprehensive function list other than
http://www.sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html";

Is there an sqlite-supported function that's not listed there, or are
you saying you want more functions?
If the latter, sqlite struggles to keep the "lite" on, but you can
define your own functions as desired.

Regarding:  "I just want to remove multiple carriage returns from a text
typed field."

I think you'll want to use
      SELECT replace(field1, x'0d0a0d0a', x'0d0a');

Note that I'm assuming you already *have* the multiple cr/lf's in your
text field.   If you're importing data with the commandline utility, it
allows very flexible definition of *field* separators, but I don't think
you can redefine the *record* separator.  So to eliminate empty lines on
imported data, you could still do something like:
   -- Create a table with only one long field.
   -- Use something very unlikely as field separator
   CREATE TABLE raw(line);
   .separator '#$%'
   .import 'myRawFile.txt'  raw
   -- delete any truly empty lines and output my clean data for later
re-import.
   DELETE FROM RAW WHERE STRLEN(line) < 1;
   .output 'myCleanFile.txt'
   SELECT * FROM raw;
   .output stdout

   OR -- you could use a tiny program in awk, sed, perl, etc.