"Gilles Ganault" <gilles.gana...@free.fr> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:10h3e55s5ml6kto9rkvasvv1ejc0ao2...@4ax.com...

> Maybe someone will come up with a commercial alternative.
> I for one would gladly pay for a single-EXE, no-brainer solution
> that can run on Windows and *nix.

Hmm in this case, what about:
http://www.realsoftware.com/realsqlserver/

But then it depends on your used (preferred) "client-access-
technology" (how easy you can bind it into your client-app).

On the above site they state, that its usage from the clientside is
possible either over a C/C++ SDK - or directly over RealBasic-
SQLite-bindings (dunno if they also deliver an ODBC-driver for
their Server, to access it over a "standard-interface" from other
languages too).

So, on what platform(s) do your client-apps need to work?
In what (main)language do you develop your client-app?

Olaf