On 11 Nov 2009, at 4:51pm, Fred Williams wrote:

> The best (safest?) way I have found to handle non scientific math is to
> work strictly with integers and multiply and divide using ROUND/TRUNC as
> required to gain the precision required.  This includes way more than
> SQLite situations as well.

Another aspect of the problem is where to convert from integers to currency:
inside SQL, in library routines, or in each application.  At the moment my
preference is that all numbers inside SQL are integers.  No part of the SQL
system knows anything but integer English currency, integer Euro currency,
integer US currency, etc..  Conversion between integers and currency format is
always done in surrounding software.  But there are arguments for doing it in
other ways.

Simon.