On 27 Nov 2009, at 7:54pm, mr_orange wrote:

> Hey, I am kind of new to SQLite. I was wondering if anyone could help me with
> a couple things:
> 1) Where are the SQLite databases stored? I was told in the C:\WINDOWS\temp
> folder, but I can't seem to find any SQLite-related files there.
> 2) How do you delete a SQLite database?

Mr. Orange is obviously used to SQL engines which manage many files in a
designated folder, for example MySQL.

SQLite handles databases very simply.  The first SQLite call you issue will
probably be one that opens a database file or creates a new one if the file
doesn't already exist.  In this call you supply the full path and filename.  So
you could tell SQLite to open the file "C:\MyFiles\databases\animals.db" and
that's one file will hold all the data.  Once your application has closed the
connection that file is just a file: move it from folder to folder, copy it to
a Flash drive, or delete it as you wish.

One note: while your application has the database open you may see a journal
file, in the same folder as the database file with almost the same name.  Once
your application has closed the database file, the journal file will disappear.
 If the application crashes, when you next open the databases file SQLite will
notice the journal file and use what it finds to update the database file
without any corruption.

Simon.