I am planning to store text in a database which has to accommodate a few
international languages.
In this case I have to use UTF-16LE encoding for my TEXT fields.
I know that once an encoding has been set for a database, it cannot be changed.

Do BLOBS are effected?

I guess I cannot mix TEXT  UTF-8 and UTF-16 columns in the same data base, can
I?

Can I get away with a database encoded in UTF-8  by using sqlite3_bind_text16()
function for TEXT fields when I need UTF-16 text?

After opening empty database, I tried to execute:

sqlite3_exec(handle,"PRAGMA encoding = UTF-16",NULL,NULL,&zErr);

But I got the following error:
PRAMA error: near "-": syntax error.  What did I do wrong?

Thank you for reading. Any comment appreciated!
Samuel